Student Fees for 2017-2018
Listed below are the permissible school fees in compliance with provincial legislation. A financial hardship policy is in place at Silver Creek school for families unable to afford school fees. Please contact Mrs. Mazur, Principal, for further information.
Permissible Fees –due by October 20, 2017
- Student agenda $5
- Band instruments may be purchased or rented (privately or through the school district) cost to be determined
- School supply package (notebooks, pens, pencils, paper) $35 ____________________________________________________________________________
Provincial legislation does not allow schools to charge a mandatory activity fee. Our PAC and staff believe these programs and activities are important for our students and are requesting parents continue to pay these fees so that these programs and activities can continue. Our ability to provide these programs will be dependent on the response from parents. No student will be denied access to a school sponsored program/activity for financial reasons. Alternate activities and projects will be provided. If circumstances do not permit payment at this point, please contact Mrs. Mazur- Principal.
- Grade 678 Explorations (cooking ingredients, fabric notions, wood, gardening supplies) $20
- Cultural performances (usually bussed to Falkland or Ranchero) $6
- Winter Recreation program (if your child chooses to participate, bussing, ski rentals, and ski passes) to be determined
- Field trips (as determined by teachers; fees are often requested to cover bussing, entry fees, food, activities) to be determined.
COMBINED TOTAL OF PERMISSIBLE AND REQUESTED FEES
Grades K-5 $46
Grades 678 $66